Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm waiting...


This is what greeted me when I arrived at the farm yesterday! I had actually pulled in and was changing footwear and while I was doing that, I called for Jiggs as he hay munched...I got my winter wear on and looked up...there he was! I had the giggles for Jiggles!

I guess he got impatient because by the time I got my lead, he was in the areana area looking around. I was so excited to see him! I hadn't been out all week. We got suited up so to speak and went into the arena for a play!

We are working on the standing game. Several people were in the arena playing with their horses so it was a good distraction game. We did a bit of circling then stop to stand.

Then we worked on coming to the mounting block. Standing again. Moving the hind Q over to the block. Then stand. Laying on his back. Then moved to the ground to practice the falling leaf game. We had fun!

After fun we moved to the feeding area directly to the side of the arena and he munched his herbs. He likes to observe everyone in the arena between munching! I gave him a brush and a quick hoof cleaning. Didn't get the oils on him though.

We backed out of the arena and he did very well. He is learning to trust my judgement for him moving back. He was so excited to get out to the herd ( they had been on the move for awhile by then) that he almost took me with him! Good thing I had the 22ft lead on him. I stoped him and brought him back. Teaching him to allow me to get his halter off before he decides to go frolic with it on in the herd.

He bolted so fast and mad a magnificent jump over a trench full of water made by the tractor tires when brining hay to the field. I have never seen that horse jump like that! Hmmmm and all this time he's been manipulating NOT jumping in the arena...hmmmmm!

See you later my sweetie! Luv to you...Pretty lashes

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Genoa, Illinois, United States
I am a southern girl who moved north right out of highschool. Born and raised in Fla, couldn't take the intense heat. I moved to Massachussetts and loved New England. From there I moved to the Midwest when my boys were small. Here I have made a great life with my special boys. I have a great job, friends and as of a few years ago a terrific husband. I love life. My boys are grown now and off in college. It is a quiet satisfaction that these boys helped me thru some hard times and they are well rounded happy adults. I am truely blessed. I also have an extensive pet list! I love animals as well! I bought my boy in 2000 after I was laid off at my job. Best thing I ever did! I have been working Parelli with him since about 2001 but more dilligently in the last 6 months. He introduced me to the wonderful world of oils when he split his back hoof almost off! I now work holistic with all my animals. I am a Reiki Master Teacher (energetic healing) and work with some herbs as well for whole health of the animal (and humans)! It is truely a fabulous journey he is taking me on...