Sunday, March 22, 2009

My boy Rocks!

Jiggies
Click the pic!

We had so much fun today. I got to the barn around 7:30 this morning and 8 horses including Jiggies were all the way down at the bottom of the pasture eating. Picking at the slim pickens down there. Those little sprigs don't have a chance!

I yelled for Jiggies as I always do, "Hey Handsome"...bam his head flys up and then they all balls out run up to the fence! It was a magnificent sight. They are so cool.

Jiggies couldn't wait to get out. We played at liberty in the arena for about an hour. He did well with everything. The circle game needs a bit of help...tudumpdadump tudumpdadump...slow and slower...

Then we went on to the round pen for 15' or so. Then we decided to take a walk to the front of the farm. He doesn't go out there very often so he was alert. He actually did well. Plus I thought it would be good therapy for his hooves.

He munched out front for about 20 min. Poor sprigs! They won't see the light of day with Jiggies around. After that we went to the back at the arena and had a grooming session. I got more hair off and scratched him all around. We did some hoof care (I was right the walk did wonders) and coronet therapy with the oils. He really liked it.


After munching his herbs we played by the log and over the ramp and on the tire. He was ready for a nap by then. After 3 hours of playing zzzz's were setting in. He was a sleepy guy. Several of the horses in the pasture were laying out! So I am sure Jiggies will follow.

Have the best Monday my buddy. I'll see you in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Genoa, Illinois, United States
I am a southern girl who moved north right out of highschool. Born and raised in Fla, couldn't take the intense heat. I moved to Massachussetts and loved New England. From there I moved to the Midwest when my boys were small. Here I have made a great life with my special boys. I have a great job, friends and as of a few years ago a terrific husband. I love life. My boys are grown now and off in college. It is a quiet satisfaction that these boys helped me thru some hard times and they are well rounded happy adults. I am truely blessed. I also have an extensive pet list! I love animals as well! I bought my boy in 2000 after I was laid off at my job. Best thing I ever did! I have been working Parelli with him since about 2001 but more dilligently in the last 6 months. He introduced me to the wonderful world of oils when he split his back hoof almost off! I now work holistic with all my animals. I am a Reiki Master Teacher (energetic healing) and work with some herbs as well for whole health of the animal (and humans)! It is truely a fabulous journey he is taking me on...