Saturday, March 7, 2009

It's raining and raining and...

Our 3rd Parelli Workshop was today. I arrived around 12:50 and was hoping I wouldn't need to go in the vast amount of mud and get the boy! I lucked out! He was interested enough to come to the fence and we happily went into the arena.


We immediatly started having a great time. This was the 4 phases with 12 & 22ft ropes. Jiggies did outstanding! I felt like we were really partners. I tried all kinds of games and progressing thru the phases. I rarely needed to go more than Ph2! He did great with the sideways game, extreem friendly from Z5 too! We had a bit of a time with the circling game. That seems to be the weakest for us. I really need to work on that more. He likes it better outside. He loved playing with the hoola hoop and picking up the cone and waving it around. We worked on the porcupine front, back side. He really did great. Then we worked on the lifting of the hoof with the string. Did awesome! Finally the best, he walked up the the mounting block and popped right over for me to lay on him and love him. He was most definitly in a LB playing mood today! Hurray!!!!!

Oh yeah, the ultimate was when Deb was working with Mary's horse Red on the circling game, Jiggies and I were playing yo yo back and forth and working on the standing. He was about 3ft from me looking right at me when Red got away from Deb and sqeezed between Jiggs and the wall. Jiggies acknowleged him but never moved. Then he turned back to look at me! Didn't do one Right brained thing! The whole arena was quite impressed with Jiggies behaviour. I was so happy for us! We have also been working on "the stand" having him be more confident with me to not feel he needs to move. I almost cried with excitement. It was all I could do not to run up and hug him to death!

Finally everyone was gone and we proceeded with his grain and herbs. The barn hands began to lay hay and Jiggies decided going right was the thing to do! He ran back and forth and wouldn't finish his goodies. But I popped his halter and lead on and we did some backing and back and forth moves to get him more Left. It didn't help that the rain was pounding on the roof which can make a deafening sound. That only lasted about 10 min but it was enought that compounded with the laying of hay in which he wasn't out to supervise, was right brained disaster! But it was all good. We worked camly and well together. He is really coming around to trust me as a leader.

All in all I can say this day will be a 5 star!!! Thanks buddy. I love you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Genoa, Illinois, United States
I am a southern girl who moved north right out of highschool. Born and raised in Fla, couldn't take the intense heat. I moved to Massachussetts and loved New England. From there I moved to the Midwest when my boys were small. Here I have made a great life with my special boys. I have a great job, friends and as of a few years ago a terrific husband. I love life. My boys are grown now and off in college. It is a quiet satisfaction that these boys helped me thru some hard times and they are well rounded happy adults. I am truely blessed. I also have an extensive pet list! I love animals as well! I bought my boy in 2000 after I was laid off at my job. Best thing I ever did! I have been working Parelli with him since about 2001 but more dilligently in the last 6 months. He introduced me to the wonderful world of oils when he split his back hoof almost off! I now work holistic with all my animals. I am a Reiki Master Teacher (energetic healing) and work with some herbs as well for whole health of the animal (and humans)! It is truely a fabulous journey he is taking me on...