Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cold but excited!!!


Today I was finally able to get out to see my boy! I was exuberant! Of course there were others in the arena and he was supervising. I got my goodies together and went in and he greeted me at the gate then gave me the cold shoulder! Little devil! Letting me know in no uncertain terms that I haven't been out there so there were more interesting things to look at and do other than be with me! Well, I sort of don't blame him. But after I poured my heart out for his forgiveness he allowed me to halter him up and in we went.

Deb (our awesome instructor) told me to warm him up! Immediately he went to investigate and the lesson quickly turned to focus! It was awesome! He was awesome! The hardest part for me was to give him quick praise because I was in awe at how much fun he seemed to be having! Asking me questions and all!!! We focused on a few things and he did them pretty easily then I focused on the bareback pad per Deb's request! Of course being the curious cat he is went right over there and I let him nose it and popped it on. He was totally fine with it. The next thing was walking the rail with the pad on. We did both ways and he did quite well. Then we did the weave pattern around cones. Deb had a great way of showing us how to do this! I was licking and chewing for ever after all this!!! Jiggies did great. I thanked him profusely for helping me and allowing my slip ups. I rewarded all the fun play with his favorite treat. All his herbs and Ninxia berrys. He loves them!

At 1p we had our workshop without the horse. It was about focus and leadership then we did some simulations with 22 and 45 foot ropes. It was quite fun! Deb keeps us motivated and is very kind in her teaching. She has mirrored alot of her teaching from Helen Topp who will be at KarMik acres in May. I am grateful to have such a wonderful teacher to help us on our journey! Thanks Deb! I will be out there tomorrow having fun with what we accomplished today! Can't wait! Thanks Jiggies. I love you buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Genoa, Illinois, United States
I am a southern girl who moved north right out of highschool. Born and raised in Fla, couldn't take the intense heat. I moved to Massachussetts and loved New England. From there I moved to the Midwest when my boys were small. Here I have made a great life with my special boys. I have a great job, friends and as of a few years ago a terrific husband. I love life. My boys are grown now and off in college. It is a quiet satisfaction that these boys helped me thru some hard times and they are well rounded happy adults. I am truely blessed. I also have an extensive pet list! I love animals as well! I bought my boy in 2000 after I was laid off at my job. Best thing I ever did! I have been working Parelli with him since about 2001 but more dilligently in the last 6 months. He introduced me to the wonderful world of oils when he split his back hoof almost off! I now work holistic with all my animals. I am a Reiki Master Teacher (energetic healing) and work with some herbs as well for whole health of the animal (and humans)! It is truely a fabulous journey he is taking me on...