Sunday, February 15, 2009

What a Great Day!


Early this morning is was beautiful outside. Cold but quite sunny. I went to visit some special friends early, stopped at the store then tore out to see my boy.

I was excited becuase I had talked myself into NOT having any expectations. So often I want to plan everything to do with Jiggs and he normally has another ajenda. Like being RBI!

So, today, I was feeling quite happy and greatful when I got to the barn. I didn't see the Jigster out in the pasture but when I seen a girl come out of the human door with her horse from the arena, I figured o'le Mr. Jig-saw was in there finding out what was up. Sure enough, I went in and there he was. A barn hand was filling up the water and Jiggies was supervising. Hee Hee...

I gave him a cookie and haltered him up to play in the arena. It was really quite cold. We played and not for about 2 hours. He was quite LBE today and I loved it. He had very little RB issues which was great. We did some leading by the leg, friendly game on the legs. He did alot of the lateral flexion on both sides. I was jazzed on that. We did a side to the side at the mounting steps ( he came in on the side of it instead of the front) That's ok. I was able to lay and love on him. He just kept turning and lipping my sleeve. I gave him all of his herbs and oils and we worked on his hooves for a bit. I was able to pick all of them up quite with ease & sand them a bit! He was very cooperative. In return, he got my sweat jacket full of Jiggie spit! LOVED IT!!!!! I was able to get some oils in the hoof as well. They look awesome. Thanks Mr. Mike!

Another girl was in the arena and her horse is out in the pasture with Jiggs so he was ok with them being there. He followed me around, we did some backwards stuff, squeeze stuff, mishapped figure 8's. But now that I saw Lea's video and told Jiggies tonight, watch out! He is up to the challenge. We have a date on Tuesday night. He is excited. I am splitting with excitement to get there.

He was happy and moseying out to the pasture upon my departure. As always, I hate to leave. But as long as he knows I'll be back to love on him. I think he looks forward to it as much as I. Thanks Jiggies for being my best boy! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Genoa, Illinois, United States
I am a southern girl who moved north right out of highschool. Born and raised in Fla, couldn't take the intense heat. I moved to Massachussetts and loved New England. From there I moved to the Midwest when my boys were small. Here I have made a great life with my special boys. I have a great job, friends and as of a few years ago a terrific husband. I love life. My boys are grown now and off in college. It is a quiet satisfaction that these boys helped me thru some hard times and they are well rounded happy adults. I am truely blessed. I also have an extensive pet list! I love animals as well! I bought my boy in 2000 after I was laid off at my job. Best thing I ever did! I have been working Parelli with him since about 2001 but more dilligently in the last 6 months. He introduced me to the wonderful world of oils when he split his back hoof almost off! I now work holistic with all my animals. I am a Reiki Master Teacher (energetic healing) and work with some herbs as well for whole health of the animal (and humans)! It is truely a fabulous journey he is taking me on...