Saturday, February 7, 2009


Elements of Success
Pat Parelli
1. Talent – you’re born with
2. Skills – you can develop
3. Try – intestinal fortitude & dedication
4. Luck – flip of the coin
These are great reminders from one of the Parelli blogs. I love getting them. They, like all the other material I attempt to devour and are invaluble to me. It is constant reminding.

Like today. I went to the barn and just knew that Jiggies would give me the butt again. But that was cool. I decided this would be my lesson today. So Deb helped me with the catching game. I have not had to do this before because he usually always comes up to come out! So this is very new. Once we got Jiggs into the arena that is what we worked with. Deb was a wonder. She showed me exactly how this could happen and explained that out in the pasture it is a bit harder but I just need to keep at it. So at 11:30 I put him back out so I could go home and get some fresh unsopped socks and was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to get him back out. Deb assured me we would.

I got back there just in time for the workshop. I went out to the muddy, poopie pasture and played the game. He was totally on to me however, he was quite more reseptive. I just kept telling him in my mind that we were going to have so much fun at the workshop. In minutes I was haltering him up and heading into the arena where several of his pasture mates and other pasture mates were in. He Loved It! He did so well.

We spent time near the mounting block. I finally got him to get close so I could lay on him! Twice! He did so well. He walked around with the tarp on his back. I made loads of noise with it and he did very well. All the obsticals were great. Deb does a great job making it interesting. I was so excited I had another successful playday with him!
I really felt like he was trusting me as a leader as well. I so needed this day as I have been feeling quite unconfident as of late. We shall see how tomarrow goes. I love this horse so much. I sometimes can't stop loving him but I also know I need to get provacative with him as well. It will be quite the balancing act!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Genoa, Illinois, United States
I am a southern girl who moved north right out of highschool. Born and raised in Fla, couldn't take the intense heat. I moved to Massachussetts and loved New England. From there I moved to the Midwest when my boys were small. Here I have made a great life with my special boys. I have a great job, friends and as of a few years ago a terrific husband. I love life. My boys are grown now and off in college. It is a quiet satisfaction that these boys helped me thru some hard times and they are well rounded happy adults. I am truely blessed. I also have an extensive pet list! I love animals as well! I bought my boy in 2000 after I was laid off at my job. Best thing I ever did! I have been working Parelli with him since about 2001 but more dilligently in the last 6 months. He introduced me to the wonderful world of oils when he split his back hoof almost off! I now work holistic with all my animals. I am a Reiki Master Teacher (energetic healing) and work with some herbs as well for whole health of the animal (and humans)! It is truely a fabulous journey he is taking me on...