Sunday, April 12, 2009

What a Weekend!

Today was interesting to say the least. I got to the barn around 7:45 and Jiggies was being his stubborn self due to new lay of hay! Well, Ms. Deb marched out there and got him. She made me do circles all the way to the arena. Really good Idea for me.

Deb took me out of my comfort zone alot. Jiggs was testing the old boss herd thing and I had to be the boss!!! We had to phase 4 several times because I wasn't cutting it with the nagging 3...sorry buddy. I will work on that. Did circles, weaving and a mishap figure 8. Worked on being the boss. I get too mushy. I MUST DO THIS!!!!!

All in all it was a good session and we ended with a walk, a brush and some hoof therapy. Hooves are looking a bit ragged but I have to reschedule Mike for the 21 st so we will keep on the therapy. We ended with herbs and organic horse treats. Yum! See you buddy.


Saturday was a glorious day! Even as a horse, I know the best is yet to come. Easter Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Genoa, Illinois, United States
I am a southern girl who moved north right out of highschool. Born and raised in Fla, couldn't take the intense heat. I moved to Massachussetts and loved New England. From there I moved to the Midwest when my boys were small. Here I have made a great life with my special boys. I have a great job, friends and as of a few years ago a terrific husband. I love life. My boys are grown now and off in college. It is a quiet satisfaction that these boys helped me thru some hard times and they are well rounded happy adults. I am truely blessed. I also have an extensive pet list! I love animals as well! I bought my boy in 2000 after I was laid off at my job. Best thing I ever did! I have been working Parelli with him since about 2001 but more dilligently in the last 6 months. He introduced me to the wonderful world of oils when he split his back hoof almost off! I now work holistic with all my animals. I am a Reiki Master Teacher (energetic healing) and work with some herbs as well for whole health of the animal (and humans)! It is truely a fabulous journey he is taking me on...